As one of 11 heart specialists known collectively as Consultants in Cardiovascular Diseases, Inc. (CICDI), Dr. Jaydutt Patel serves on an elite team of physicians with a high level of expertise in diagnosis of and intervention in cardiac conditions. Located in Erie, Pennsylvania, Dr. Jaydutt Patel and his colleagues perform in-office nuclear cardiac testing and echocardiography, with a lab fully accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories. Among other heart-related conditions, Dr. Jaydutt Patel treats ventricular and supraventricular arrhythmias at CICDI. Arrhythmia, or abnormal beating of the heart, typically poses a danger because it results in lower levels of blood transport to the rest of the body. Ventricular simply refers to problems in the heart’s two lower chambers, and supraventricular to those that occur in the upper chambers. Catheter ablation, another area of expertise for Dr. Jaydutt Patel, consists of inserting an electrode catheter, a long, thin, flexible wire, into the heart and sending heat through it. This procedure enables a skilled cardiac electrophysiologist such as Dr. Jaydutt Patel to reach and destroy an abnormal electrical pathway that causes heart arrhythmia. Trained heart physicians such as Dr. Patel may implant a pacemaker or defibrillator to solve heart-rate problems. A pacemaker speeds up a habitually slow heartbeat and a defibrillator tends to return an abnormally fast heartbeat to a more normal pace. Dr. Jaydutt Patel has training and experience with placement and removal of both devices. Dr. Patel has demonstrated particular expertise with the Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD): he co-authored an article titled “ICD Implantation in Patients with Ischemic Left Ventricular Dysfunction,” which appeared in the February 2009 issue of the journal Current Treatment Options in Cardiovascular Medicine. Dr. Patel’s article considers implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapy as a tool for recognizing patients who have an increased potential for sudden and fatal cardiac arrest and who would likely benefit from ICD therapy.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Dr. Jaydutt Patel: The Medical Reserve Corps wp.me/p1kew8-h 3 years ago
- Just uploaded Jaydutt Patel, M.D.: An Overview of Catheter Ablation scribd.com/doc/245581458/… #ScribdDocs 3 years ago
- What Is VT Ablation? By Jaydutt Patel, MD wp.me/p1kew8-f 5 years ago
- What is Cardiac Electrophysiology? By Jaydutt Patel, MD - Simply stated, cardiac electrophysiology studies th… tmblr.co/ZZHIwxb-OcO3 5 years ago
- Crazy Friend dr-jaydutt-patel-md.jux.com/625122 via @JuxDotCom 5 years ago